How do I consume food at a buffet in the most efficient way?: originally appeared on Quora: The best answer to any question. Ask a question, get a great answer. Learn from experts and access insider knowledge. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
This is my buffet strategy, as developed with my classmate during Econs lessons in JC.
- For the week before the buffet, you have to begin conditioning your tummy. What this means is that for at least one meal a day, eat till you're full (even if it's just bread) and when you think you're full, drink as much water as you can. This is to prepare your stomach to stretch like never before.
- For the week before the buffet, do some brisk-walking or watch fitness videos. This is to prep your mind for the gorging that you are about to do. You have to make sure you don't chicken out halfway through the buffet because of calorie worries. Cheat your mind into thinking you deserve it.
- Some idiots will tell you not to eat on the buffet day itself, but not Uncle Ben. If you starve yourself, the moment you start on your buffet you'll feel sick in the gut. Snack a bit throughout the day and make sure you're properly hydrated. Stop eating around 4 hours before the buffet.
- Right before you leave house for the buffet, drink a cup of diluted vinegar. I take apple cider vinegar.
Rock and Roll
- Do not take any drinks. The only drinking you'll get is 1 cup at the end of the buffet.
- If you want to have soup, take it first and finish it at the start. Then, allow 15 minutes for the soup to pass through you. Great time to play on your phone or chat with your buffet partner.
- Scout all the food, and take a bit of everything you think is nice. Do not take too much!!! You don't know what's nice until you actually eat it.
- After you've sampled everything, settle for 3-4 items that appeal most to you. And keep eating.
- When you think you're full, pee. When you know you're full, take a dump.
- Push yourself! Tough times never last but tough men/women do!
- At the end of the day, reward yourself with a tiny drink. You fat-ass, you.
More questions on Quora:
- Restaurant Etiquette: Is it rude to send a meal back because you don't like it even if there's nothing technically wrong with it?
- Buffets: What items at the buffet should I eat to get my money's worth?
- Tipping: How much is appropriate to tip in situations where the server does not serve the food, such as a buffet?