How do I consume food at a buffet in the most efficient way?: originally appeared on Quora: The best answer to any question. Ask a question, get a great answer. Learn from experts and access insider knowledge. You can follow Quora on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+.
This is my buffet strategy, as developed with my classmate during Econs lessons in JC.
- For the week before the buffet, you have to begin conditioning your tummy. What this means is that for at least one meal a day, eat till you're full (even if it's just bread) and when you think you're full, drink as much water as you can. This is to prepare your stomach to stretch like never before.
- Some idiots will tell you not to eat on the buffet day itself, but not Uncle Ben. If you starve yourself, the moment you start on your buffet you'll feel sick in the gut. Snack a bit throughout the day and make sure you're properly hydrated. Stop eating around 4 hours before the buffet.
Rock and Roll
- Do not take any drinks. The only drinking you'll get is 1 cup at the end of the buffet.
More questions on Quora:
- Restaurant Etiquette: Is it rude to send a meal back because you don't like it even if there's nothing technically wrong with it?
- Buffets: What items at the buffet should I eat to get my money's worth?
- Tipping: How much is appropriate to tip in situations where the server does not serve the food, such as a buffet?
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more