Yes, you are a bad employee. Worse you are a disengaged employee. Ultimately you hate your job, but you're terrified of leaving because...
- You need the money.
- Your skill set sucks.
- You have no clue what you want to do.
- You're comfortable.
Does this sound like you?
If you are still not convinced, take a look at the infographic by OfficeVibe (below). And if any of those points sound like you, then guess what -- you're a disengaged employee. And it's unfair to you and your company to continue working at a place you hate.
But before you submit your resignation you need an exit plan. You can start by asking yourself these 3 questions:
- What do you want to get out of your life?
- How can you serve the world for getting the life you want?
- What type of work will benefit the lifestyle you want?
Take your time answering those questions and in the meantime how about doing a combination of the following:
- Give a speech a week to local organizations
- Start a blog and grow your email subscribers
- Get interviewed on various podcasts
- Learn a foreign language fluently
- Write for a large blog -- like The Huffington Post
- Self-publish a book
- Do Yoga
- Set goals and write them down
- Reduce TV watching to an hour per day
- Make a list of 20 companies you would like to work for
- Spend 5 hours a month networking
- Spend 30 minutes + per day reading
- Listen to podcasts and audiobooks
- Join a mastermind group
You work on this list for next 12 months. You complete everything on this list, imagine what happens to your job prospects?
Article Originally Posted: ramonbnuezjr.com
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more