Magenta continues to forge ahead in the mobile market. Today the company announced the new myTouch smartphone and the continued expansion of its next generation HSPA+ network. T-Mobile continues to roll out HSPA+ throughout the US and is now in more than 65 markets. These markets include -- Denver, CO; Salt Lake City, UT; San Francisco, CA; San Jose, CA and Oakland, CA. T-Mobile is moving at a swift pace and is on track to reach 100 metropolitan areas and 200 million people by the end of 2010.
"Our goal is to have 4G deliverance from coast to coast."
T-Mobile is profoundly invested in the HSPA+ ecosystem. The company is currently working on increasing the theoretical speeds of HSPA+ -- from 21 Mbp/s to 42Mbp/s. T-Mobile explains that there are no public trials as of yet. Although -- I will make the assumption that the company will begin public trials sometime in 2011.
In the same vein, T-Mobile is happy to introduce its latest Android 2.2 handset -- the myTouch, which will take full advantage of the HSPA+ network. T-Mobile understands the challenges that families have staying connected. So they build services and handsets that help families stay connected. One of the most impressive features of the myTouch is Video Chat. Unlike other video-calling solutions, which only work over WiFi, Video Chat works over T-Mobile's network or WiFi.
From T-Mobile's press release:
Taking advantage of the 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network, the new myTouch delivers a faster and more compelling experience than most competing smartphones on the market," said Andrew Sherrard, vice president, product management, T-Mobile USA. "Our continued focus to build innovative new features and personalized services truly makes myTouch unique."
The new myTouch offers families features like:
- Camcorder with Screen Share, which allows customers to share or broadcast HD video and pictures
- Genius Button, lets customers call, text, e-mail or access the Internet with a simple voice command
- Faves Gallery, which offers shortcuts to one's most-contacted family and friends
- myModes, which creates customized home screens for work and home
- A 3.8-inch WVGA touch-screen display with virtual keyboard and Swype
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz (MSM8255) processor
- A 5-megapixel camera (record 720p video)
- A preinstalled 8 GB microSD memory card
- An integrated media player that brings together music, video and internet radio under one set of controls
- Preloaded HD games, including "Rock Band," "Asphalt 5" and "Monopoly"
- Will come in four colors -- white, black, plum or red
The Morning Email helps you start your workday with everything you need to know: breaking news, entertainment and a dash of fun. Learn more