From silver streamers to Champagne towers, from winter picnics to royal recipes, you can throw a New Year's party with a vibe that's black tie formal, fun, and laid-back, all at the same time.
Watch Creative Entertaining for some tips for a New Year's fete that your friends will still be talking about next year:
• Holiday decorations set a festive tone. Even the smallest details can add a touch of sparkle and shine.
• Nothing provides dramatic visual interest like candles. Use a wide array of sizes and shapes in the same color scheme.
• Noisemakers and party favors are a must to ring in the New Year.
• Silver, black and white balloons are an easy decoration that make a huge impact.
• Set up a bar in the dining room. Guests can help themselves by mixing a drink or pouring Champagne.
Whether your plan is to throw a knock-out bash, invite some close friends for dinner and board games, or just cuddle up next to the fire at home with loved ones, New Year's Eve is the biggest party night of the year. Have fun!
We’re basically your best friend… with better taste. Learn more