This week marks the inaugural session of HuffPost Thursdays, a Meetup to talk about the news. While we want everybody to shape the tone and style of their local Meetup, the editors here at HuffPost would love to offer some guidance. In order to make the discussion as fulfilling as possible, we thought we might suggest some topics for you to think about.
It has been a very interesting week for news, so hopefully these links will make for good conversation starters:
- Wikileaks, a shadowy media organization dedicated to government transparency, leaked scores of government documents about the War in Afghanistan to varied reactions.
- It was the 100th day of the oil spill.
- Elena Kagan got the go ahead from the Senate Judiciary committee.
- President Obama signed the financial Reform Bill.
- Shirley Sherrod was fired and rehired.
- In Tech news, Facebook got its 500 millionth member, Google might have a Facebook competitor and facebook 'questions' launched
We hope you guys have a great Meetup. We look forward to hearing what you come up with. Please email us with pictures, comments, and summaries of what you discussed.
Follow Rebecca Harrington on Twitter: www.twitter.com/harring46