Illinois is known for a lot of things: corruption, debt, taxes, wasteful spending. But, I think it would be beneficial for our collective mental well-being to take a quick break from depressing you with another top 10 list about Illinois' serious problems.
There's actually a decent amount of famous native Illinoisians, most of whom don't live here anymore -- if they are in fact still living. From writers, movie stars and politicians to notorious criminals, here are 10 famous people you may or may not have known are from Illinois.
Next article: Top 5 weirdest laws in Illinois.
- Illinois brought in record tax revenues last year and still can't find a way to ease the deficit. How will raising taxes help? Use our Sound Off tool to tell your politicians no more!
- Why it'll cost you because Illinois is drowning in debt.
- This infographic provides a snapshot of the scope of Chicago's pension trouble.
- Rauner could help state GOP in Nov., but don't expect miracles.
- Democrats approve $100 million Obama presidential library; moves to the House.
Don't forget to like Reboot Illinois on Facebook!