There are 20 members of the U.S. Congress who represent Illinois or districts within Illinois.
In 2013, the average net worth of U.S. Senators was $10.87 million and $7.15 million for Representatives. While wealth in the Senate has steadily decreased since it peaked in 2007 at $17.09 million, the average net worth of House members has been on the rise after it fell briefly to $4.66 million in 2008.
The Center for Responsive Politics' website, opensecrets.org, used 2013 congressional Personal Financial Disclosure forms to rank the personal wealth of all U.S. Senators and Representatives.
Neither of the two senators from Illinois, Democratic Minority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin and Republican Sen. Mark Kirk ranked near the top of the list of the Senate's wealthiest members, but neither of them ranked near the bottom, either. Check out Reboot Illinois to see Durbin's and Kirk's net worths.
Check out the wealthiest members of the U.S. House of Representatives from Illinois:
18. Mike Quigley (D-5th District)
17. Randy Hultgren (R-14th District)
16. Robin Kelly (D-2nd District)
15. Adam Kinzinger (R-16th District)
14. Mike Bost (R-12th District)
13. Jan Schakowsky (D-9th District)
12. Danny K. Davis (D-7th District)
11. Rodney Davis (R-13th District)
See which of the remaining 10 representatives are worth the most in Illinois (and how they rank nationally) at Reboot Illinois.
Sign up for our daily email to stay up to date with Illinois politics.
NEXT ARTICLE: How much did Illinois colleges make in 2014?
- Illinois' college completion rate is higher than the U.S. average-in almost every category
- Top 10 Illinois colleges whose graduates have the highest earning potential
- How much do Illinois college presidents make?
- Here are the most diverse colleges in Illinois