When it comes to the environment, John McCain only has the interests of Big Oil at heart. That's why he has over 22 Big Oil lobbyists advising him. That's why he favored lifting the moratorium on off-shore drilling -- a move that prompted Big Oil to donate over $1 million to his campaign. And thanks to the League of Conservation Voters, we've got the proof!
The senate will likely be voting next week on these issues. Please call Senator McCain's office in Washington (202-224-2235), and tell him to stop siding with Big Oil and start supporting clean energy. Make everyone aware of McCain's deep ties to Big Oil by forwarding this video to five people and telling them to do the same. Don't forget to Digg it!
Then, tell everyone you know to tune into Meet the Bloggers today at 1pm ET/10am PT, when our topic will be the environment, sustainability, and Big Oil vs. innovation. Our special guest, environmental journalist Simran Sethi, will be joined by bloggers Kevin Grandia (DeSmogBlog.com), Brad Johnson (ThinkProgress.org) and Kate Sheppard (Grist.org) to discuss where both of the Presidential candidates stand on the environment.
Check out some of the articles below to learn more about the raging battle between sustainability and Big Oil, and then join us at 1pm ET/10am PT to be part of the conversation.
- Congress Weans Us Off the Teat of Foreign Oil with Concessions to Offshore Drilling - Simran Sethi, Huffington Post
- Sarah Palin's Empty Promise - Simran Sethi, Huffington Post
- 'Green' McCain's Hypocrisy: Senior Advisers Lobbied to Prevent Cape Wind Project - Brad Johnson, Think Progress
- A Telling Palin Scandal: Her Environmental Record - Leonard Doyle, AlterNet
- McCain Adopts Cheney's Energy Plan - Jason Leopold, Consortium News
- McCain's Million Dollar Big Oil Quid Pro Quo - Sierra Club
If you missed a previous episode of Meet the Bloggers, you can always find them in the archives.