If you’re sick of junk mail, stop putting off putting a stop to it, because you can actually make a difference by implementing the following six strategies. Though you won’t be able to completely eliminate junk mail, the following approaches will considerably de-clutter your mail box.
- Get off marketing lists. This is done by having the Direct Marketing Association contact direct mail companies and instruct them to stop sending you mail. Go to DMACHOICE.org to get started and free yourself of mail offerings from magazines, catalogues and credit card companies, to name a few. To stop credit card offers only, sign up with OptOutPrescreen.com. For optimal results, sign up for both.
- Sign up for the free TrustedID Mail Preference Service. This provides companies that you can seek the opt-out instructions for.
- For $35, 41pounds.org will stifle mail offers.
- Do not get a print magazine subscription. Otherwise you’ll set yourself up for reams of third-party junk mail. See if there’s a digital version of the magazine or if your gym has it available.
- Go electronic. To stop junk mail from coming with your snail mail bills, switch to electronic billing.