Despite the frigid temperatures outside, Spring has arrived! Spring is a time for change and a time for new beginnings. Just like your wardrobe changes with the seasons so should your makeup. It's time for a fresh start and a fresh look to bring in the new season. Here are a few tips for perfecting your spring time look:
1) Pack away your full coverage foundations and replace them with sheer to medium coverage foundations. It will enhance the look of your skin without masking your overall natural complexion. Sheer foundations are much lighter and less likely to clog your pores.
It is also important to change the color of your foundation as the seasons change. Due to sun exposure everyone is naturally a shade or two darker in the warmer months of the year. Make sure you have a darker shade of foundation for the spring and summer months.
2) A smoky eye is one of my favorite looks but the dark black can be too much for spring. Choose a grey blue color to fulfill your smoky eye desires, you won't be sorry!
3) Don't forget the bronzer! In my opinion Spring is the best time of year to toss the blush and replace it with a bronzer. Not many people can deny the appeal of a sun kissed glow but as we all know excessive sun exposure can be particularly damaging to our skin. Bronzer is the perfect way to have the best of both worlds. Be careful though, the wrong shade can make you look like the inside of a sweet potato. Try a bronzer that is one or two tones darker than your original skin color.
4) Aqua eyes! New York Fashion Week gave us a sneak peek into what we should be expecting for spring makeup trends. Solid blue eye shadow was featured on numerous occasions. If you are feeling bold enough to try this, make sure you apply a nude lip color. You want your eyes to be the focus of your application and a bold lip may be visually overwhelming.
5) Ditch the dark lipsticks and opt for lighter colors coupled with a coat of lip gloss for shine. Heavy lips look great and mysterious in the winter but may look out of place during a season that is all about bright and vibrant colors.
6) Go Au Naturale. The "no-makeup' look will absolutely require makeup to achieve. Many people think the natural look for spring means wearing no makeup, but this could not be further from the truth. There is an art to getting the natural timeless look that so many women desire but so few can achieve. Make sure to begin your application with moisturizer and primer applied to your entire face. Next apply the tiniest amount of concealer to any blemishes and under eye circles. Using a brush, apply a tinted moisturizer cream that matches your skin tone all over your face. Use a blot powder to lift any oils from your face and apply a light blush (just enough to put some color back into your face). Use a brown eye pencil to gently line the eyelids. Opt for a light pink lip gloss to finish out the look. Voilà! You have completed the natural look.
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more