Ever since telling about my road to healing I have been inundated with emails from people wanting to heal themselves and wanting to know what I recommend. So I put together the following list. These are all things that I believe assisted in my own personal healing and transformation. The list is in no particular order. Here's to your health and healing!
1. Get your vitamin D levels checked. If they are low, which mine were, be sure to get at least 30 minutes of unprotected sun daily or supplement with good quality D3 especially during the winter months.
2. Stop telling a story of sickness. I always notice that some people are always talking about and telling their story of sickness. They are attached to their story. Watch your words and what you spend your time talking about. If you are telling a story of illness, stop and start telling a story of healing and miracles.
3. Dry Brush. Buy a good stiff body brush and dry brush every few days. Start at your toes and brush upward toward the heart with long sweeping movements. Dry brushing is believed to get your lymphatic system going. I actually really enjoy dry brushing. It makes me feel alive and my skin is always softer afterward.
4. Have your vitamin B levels checked. My B-12 levels have always been low. Now that I am vegan they are not lower, just the same. I have chosen to do monthly injections. It was actually recommended by my M.D.!
5. Get a juicer and start drinking green drinks. This is such a powerful thing, especially if you are on the standard American diet (SAD -- and it is sad!). Juicing is an amazing way to get an influx of nutrients. It is like a blood transfusion of goodness.
6. Get rid of meat and dairy. This is a no-brainer and a topic that has been run into the ground. I don't have to tell you why meat and dairy are not good for healing. You have read the statistics and books and seen the documentaries. If you are in a healing crisis, get rid of them or at the very least only eat them on occasion and only ones of the highest quality (organic, grass-fed, free-range).
7. Join groups and find enlightened friends online. I can't begin to tell you how much I value my online friends from all over the world. I am a member of some amazing groups and pages. They always have encouraging words. They also are a tremendous source of inspiration and knowledge!
8. Incorporate more raw fruits and vegetables into your diet. Raw fruits and veggies are alive. They radiate with energy, and when you go a few days eating raw, you will see what I am talking about! Raw food is full of valuable enzymes we must have to heal.
9. Get rid of toxic chemicals everywhere (household cleaners, harsh body products, etc.). All the toxic chemicals found around our homes do not belong anywhere. If you don't know what products to buy just buy ALL body products, cleaning products, makeup etc. at Whole Foods or a local health food store. This way you are assured you are not exposing yourself to unnecessary chemicals.
10. Go barefoot as much as possible. Have you noticed when you go for a barefoot walk on the beach you feel at peace? This is because there is an electrical charge to the planet, and when you walk barefoot you really are grounded to the earth. At no other time are you as connected as when your skin is on the dirt, grass or sand of the earth. Get connected!
11. Read books and watch documentaries about healing. There are so many out there now. We are living in an amazing time. Valuable information is just a click away!
12. Surround yourself with people who support your journey. This is another no-brainer. If someone does not respect your right to make your own choices, make them history. Negativity has no place in the healing process. Surround yourself with the positive energy of others.
13. Move and sweat. There is no doubt about it. You have to move. Sitting at a computer all day is not good. You must get out and move, and there is no excuse. Seriously, stand up, walk out the door, just start walking or running and don't look back. I believe our bodies must move in order for our lymphatic system to move, which enables toxins to be released.
Peace, Love & Happiness,
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more