Focusing on what's not happening or what's wrong is a sure way to keep manifesting the same. And indeed it will only bring you more of what you don't want. Then bam...Frustration and the lack of control feelings arise to the 10th degree. Ever have that happen? Well, I've definitely fallen into this trap before.
Oh and then there's those moments, where it's taking your spirit for life and challenging you in ways like no other. All we then desire is to have everything go back to being Normal. So we can get back part of ourselves that has gone missing. We may even be begging, pleading, and praying. Asking why and when it will all be over.
Because what we desire is that freedom, to feel like ourselves again.
Though, what if, a new normal would emerge instead? What if, we are simply clearing out blocks and releasing what no longer serves us? What if, there's a better and happier life on the other side of this madness you may be experiencing? What's really behind what feels like torture to you?
Uncover this truth, you'll connect with your authentic self on a deeper level than ever before.
You may not like what I'm about to say next, though stay with me here. That's exactly what is going on. It's exactly where you need to be. Realize this: Better days and your break-through are on their way. Stay here, go deeper. You're in the right place, in the right time, to Emerge.
You've heard me talk about meditating and self-mantras before. Today I'm going to talk you through a simple meditation/mindfulness practice you can start with right away.
And you can feel confident that any way you get into this is the right way for you to practice. You'll soon begin to get more intuitive and trust yourself and the practice for how it gives back to you. Showing up is powerful enough to begin to shift you. Because you're saying YES to yourself and YES to feel more complete in your life.
Take a C&R Self Mindfulness Moment:
• First find some quite space or consider getting outside in the sunshine or nature.
• Easy way to get into a Meditation practice is to repeat a mantra in your mind to center you and limit other distractions.
• Repeat the mantra with slow breathing and your eyes closed while sitting.
• Focus on your breath and inhale "Everything is getting better." Exhale "It's coming together." Inhale, "It's gonna happen."
• Another mantra: Inhale "I am healed", Exhale "I am loved." Or whatever mantra that resonates with you and comes to you.
• Keep repeating the mantra for as long as you feel you need to. Try to stay for a few minutes. Over time, you'll be able to build on this and overcome the resistance to sit still and be aware.
• Release what you can't control and at the same time reclaim your power in being who you truly are!
• Listen for guidance. It may come right away. It may come later in the day. It may come a few days later.
And here are my other latest self-mantras that have come to me through my running and meditating moments that are changing my life right now:
• Everything is going to work out well, I release my fears.
• I'm feeling happy, I'm feeling liberated.
• I'm in the right place, in the right time, to Emerge.
These days I have several go-to meditations that I know I can call on for what I need in that very moment. Let me tell you. It's so liberating and empowering that I've learned how to calm myself down. It's not someone else's responsibility to fix my worries or the challenge I may be going through. Though I very much welcome the unconditional love and support of my soulmate friends when I need perspective or some other guidance or a shoulder to cry on.
Believe me. It's taken me a while to get into a daily meditation practice. And there has been much resistance at times. Though I know and listen to my intuition when it guides me to sit still and forget the rest of the world for a few minutes. I deserve that! You deserve a few quiet minutes to yourself. Yes!
I really do work out my issues on my runs (or in yoga or meditation) with self-mantras and have been doing this for the past five years. Something shifts during the run with repeating the self-mantra over and over again through the miles. I just begin to break free of what I feel may be holding me back.
Something about it lets me reclaim my power back! And I want nothing more than for you to feel the same. Namaste!
Would love to hear from you, so be sure to share your thoughts below in the comments and/or on the C&R Self blog! If this article resonated with you, then like it, share it, and/or comment below.
Originally posted July 2014 on Courageous & Remarkable Self blog.
Join the C&R Self Movement.
For more by Sarina Tomel, click here.
Sarina is currently working on her first book, Courageous & Remarkable Self: Take Risks, Live More Intentionally, and Travel the World Fearlessly!