The flavor of heirloom tomatoes takes center-stage in this divinely simple, summertime dish. Use good quality store-bought pasta for a quick weeknight meal, or take the dish to the next level with our step-by-step guide to making foolproof fettuccine from scratch.
6 cups roughly chopped heirloom tomatoes
1 cup halved heirloom cherry tomatoes
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
15 basil leaves, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1 package fettuccine
Thinly shaved parmesan, for serving
RELATED: 15 Summery Pasta Recipes »
1. Make the sauce: Combine tomatoes, oil, basil, garlic, and salt and pepper in a bowl; cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to meld flavors.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat, and add pasta; cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain pasta and add to bowl of sauce; toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and garnish with parmesan.
RELATED: Vegetarian Appetizers »
MORE FROM SAVEUR.COM:
- 10 Frozen Cocktails »
- Great Summer Steak Recipes »
- How to Make the Perfect Burger Patty »
- Refreshing Sorbets and Granitas »
- 4 Tasty Veggie Burgers »
- Classic 3-Ingredient Cocktails »
- Barbecue Main Dishes »