Sunday, March 2 the Academy Awards -- the other Super Bowl -- will be televised. Why would you need a reason to watch other than the delicious glitter, pomp and excitement of it all? If you do need a reason, here are 12.
1. The red carpet -- obviously. Where else can you see gowns this beautiful on people this glamorous, all in HD? And those tuxes aren't too shabby, either.
2. The host. Ellen Degeneres is just about the coolest woman on earth. Let's hope she does some dancing during the opening monologue.
3. The surprises. It's a tight race this year in some categories (best picture, best actor, best supporting actress), so expect a few gasps during the show.
4. Brad and Angelina. They'll be there this year, and there's no couple more glamorous than these two.
5. The musical numbers. Performing this year are Pink, Bette Midler, Karen O, U2, Idina Menzel, and Pharrell. It's worth watching the show just to see this talent!
6. The "in memoriam" montage. There's always someone you didn't know had passed away.
7. The moms. A few attendees are sure to bring their moms as their dates. What could be more thrilling than to go to the Oscars with your nominated son or daughter? I'd be kvelling!!!
8. George Clooney's date. Who will he bring this year????
9. The one or two amazing acceptance speeches. Most of them are pretty boring, but there's always a couple that are genuine, funny or heart-pulling. And let's hope if Jennifer Lawrence wins again this year, she doesn't trip going up the stairs.
10. Jack Nicholson.
11. The one or two hilarious presenters. I'm hoping for Seth Rogen, Robert Downey Jr., maybe Robin Williams or Steve Martin? We need to laugh!
12. The fashion recaps and critiques after the show. Because, in the end, the awards are given and we may forget who won (quick, name the best supporting actress from 2013!) -- but we'll remember some of the dresses forever.
Previously pubished on Midlife Boulevard