In order to really succeed in life and experience the best God has to offer, we must ensure that our lives are lived by the principles which guarantee such a life.
God's principles are sure, steady, powerful and impactful. Most of all, walking in the light of these principles give us the assurance of success in this life, and in the world to come. When we abide by His principles, we need not fear the afterlife.
Among the various principles, there is one that I wish to discuss, which I know may not be liked by some, yet it is a vital issue which should be addressed.
One of the principles of living a truly successful life is to stay away from drugs, which can impede one's attention span, fry one's brain cells, and alter one's soundness and sense of judgment in decision making.
Cocaine, marijuana, and the consumption of alcohol have no place in the life of one who wants to experience the success God offers. These things may seem like they offer a solution to your problems or an escape from your problems. But that is a delusion. Drugs will compound your problems, not fix them.
Listen, God is all about your success. He wants you to win in life. He desires that you overcome every obstacle, jump over each hurdle, slay every giant, walk through every trial, resist every temptation, and experience every wholesome and worthwhile dream realized and fulfilled.
He loves you and wants to be a part of your life. He wants to help you, and empower you, by His grace, to realize your full potential, the full measure of which only He knows. He knows how to help you through every issue and bring your life to a state of peace, joy and satisfaction. Don't do drugs. Trust in God. He can help you. He will help you. So call on Him.
Drugs are not a part of His plan for you. They destroy the body. They damaged the senses. They may feel as though they are empowering you. But, in the end they will only destroy your life. This has been proven so often that it need not be questioned.
The Book of Proverbs advises that wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging, and that whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. (Proverbs 20:1 If consuming alcohol is not wise, prove that you are truly wise and stay away from it.
Here are a few tips as to why drugs should not be a part of your life:
1. Drugs are dangerous to your body and your mind. This is a proven fact and all one needs to do to see this truth is examine the lives of those who are controlled by the various forms of substance abuse prevalent in the world today.
2. Drugs are addictive. To allow yourself to become imprisoned by any form of drug, even alcohol, is not a good thing. God never made you to be dominated by anything. So do not allow the things which can destroy you, master you. Don't be deceived into thinking that you can handle it. Once the drugs get into your system, it will be a most difficult thing to get them out. Save yourself the frustration.
3. Take a good look around you at those who engaged in taking drugs of various kinds. Look at their end. If you do not want your life to end up full of sorrow and misery, then follow a different path.
4. Do not allow friends or anyone else to tell you that drugs are okay. Your body is sacred. Honor God by honoring the body He gave you.
5. Understand that your purpose is too valuable to be wasted upon drugs. You are bigger than that. Your purpose is too important for you to be distracted by such vices. God has better things for you. God has a better life for you. Trust Him. Live by His principles. You will be glad you did.