“Your house is burning. Don't look at other houses in the neighborhood and say their houses are burning too. Go ... get water, otherwise you will allow innocent to die. For the sake of mankind... do not breed”
“I want them to revolt today. It is ironic that India is ruled by a woman who is occupied with selfish pursuit of installing children in power just as her other in law was - Indira Gandhi. The rape capital of India - New Delhi is ruled by a woman whose legialator son was caught by illegal stanhes of cash while travleing. One of the low points of recent Indian democracy is the woman president who claimed a land for her home from teh armed forces to build her home after retirement. These are examples of wolves guarding the sheep. The primtive traditions harmful to women are petprated by Indian mothers. I hope more women just get to travel outside India to western civilization and do not go back ever. Let them bring up their children in a free world without dyansties, corruption, arranaged marriages, dowry, daughter in law harassment and all other anti-woman culture of India.”
EagleFliesInSky on Jun 29, 2013 at 10:42:33
“You would know best but I don't believe the society will change any time soon, unfortunately. The majority of the people are too deeply embedded in their culture and really have no voice. It's a human tragedy and while there are other places in the world with similar problems, India is now getting the most attention in spite of their emerging economy.”
“Idiot, India is primarily a Hindu country with 80.46% Hindu population. Only 13.43% is Muslim. Stay away from children and do not try to teach anything. You represent what is bad in India - false pride and poor knowledge”
“You should sit down with your mother first who had to pay a big dowry to your father's father. Ask here why did she have to change her first name also? Ask her why did she have to agree to an arranged marriage? When you get these answers, see yourself in the mirror and give yourself a big THAPPAD for being an idiot”
Lukester on Jun 28, 2013 at 14:02:18
“Fool, not all Indians are Hindu or play to the cultural stereotypes you are peddling! Stop with your ignorant generalizations. I am Indian and I am catholic, I have Indian relatives who are Baptists, and some are even Mormon. Please get a social education. And stop hating.”
“True. It is a common stupidity around the world that is corrupting innocent minds of the young. They deserve freedom from myths, fake stories, fear of ridiculous Gids, superstitions. They desereve true knowledge, reason, logic and humanity as their hearts can tell them ... not the organized, business of faith”
“I grew up in India and traveled to a poor neighborhood by a coast once during college days. An elderly woman was telling a neighbor... :"My daughter came eback from husband's house. She said he was beating her so I said if your husband would not beat you - who will?"”
EagleFliesInSky on Jun 28, 2013 at 13:24:28
“You've proved my point.
One day, the women of India will revolt. And it can't be too soon.”
“Exactly. behavior comes from beliefs. What we believe in is the root of our value sysem and our behavior. It also allows others to find weaknesses and take disadvantage of ithem... whether it is Southern states in the U.S. or India or Congo or Pakistan or Afghanistan.”
“Where does illteracy come from in today's age? It was high because of lack of resources 50 and 100 years ago. Today it is by design by the privileged, powerful and well connected. They must have someone to rule. If everyone gets smart, their family dynasties will lose the stronghold”
spartanladkenny on Jun 29, 2013 at 12:04:15
“Well, yes you're correct. It is in the interest of politicians to keep the population uninformed so they can rule over them. ”
“Amen. This is a realistic view but most Indians think that they will be a superpower soon and they ae better than you - beef eaters. This alone can tell what world we live in. It huts to see how brilliant and competent human being are robbed of their potential with continuous Government proeganda and cultural hogwash year after year, decade after decade. I do not want my mother, wife or daughter to live there. Men have a free reign in that place. You can be stupid and incompetent but still get a tea served every day.”
EagleFliesInSky on Jun 29, 2013 at 11:00:15
“Yes, and unfortunately, the people such as yourself who can afford to leave India leave and for that, I don't blame you at all, however, the situation ultimately remains the same: a corrupt government with the majority of the people living in dire poverty.”
“20 Questions to Ask when You Meet an Indian in Your Land
1. True that India is ruled by ONE family dynasty for most years?
2. Did you have an arranged marriage?
3. Did you accept dowry? What about your father?
4. Did you or your father change wives’ first names after marriage?
5. Do you have a regular or nude Swami picture at home?
6. Why do you need 330 million Gods? In spite of it why so much misery in India?
7. Why so many rapes of children in India?
8. Do you do dishes at home? Who cooks at home?
9. What is Sati? Were child widows burnt alive after husbands’ deaths?
10. Why female infanticide still high today?
11. True that 49% people in India do not have toilets?
12. True that India holds more poor than all Africa combined?
13. True that the largest slum called “Dharawi” is in Mumbai – the richest city of India?
14. What is India’s per capita income?
15. Is Indian culture superior to Western culture?
16. Who is Suresh Kalamadi? Why did he loot India in billions of Dollars and why he is still free?
17. How can you tolerate so much corruption and red tape?
18. Why so much cronyism and nepotism? What is chamchagiri?
19. Why do you install politicians’ children in power? Why political leaders stay in office for 35, 40, 50 and even 60 years?
20. Will India be a superpower? When and how?”
kushyluv on Jun 26, 2013 at 16:00:03
“Oh my this person used to post under another name-"Swamiwatch" or something like that-and had the EXACT same list of questions. Time to get some fresh talking points to cut and paste buddy”
EagleFliesInSky on Jun 26, 2013 at 14:06:13
“Curious as to why are you asking these questions?
Having just read "behind the beautiful forevers" by Katherine Boo, I can answer most of them. Her book is based upon her conversations and interactions over 4 years with real named people in a Mumbai slum, Annawadi, near the shiny new airport.
Most importantly, she points out that most slum-dwellers live in a dog eat dog world. There is no focus on teaming up together to fight the injustices. And when someone is killed, raped, or mutilated beyond recognition, the coroners would rather write "meningitis" or "TB" on the death certificate to keep the numbers of the deaths insignificant.
She also details the level of corruption and bribery necessary within the police, parliament and the wealthy. Will it ever be a superpower? Never. Not until Human Rights activists get involved to clean up this godforsaken country.”
spartanladkenny on Jun 26, 2013 at 13:55:06
“One answer: illiteracy”
Lukester on Jun 26, 2013 at 13:51:02
“I'm Indian and if I'm asked some of those questions I would tell you about your mother.”
“Indian Culture is Responsible for the Delhi Brutal Rape and Murder
Indians do not take a good look at what causes it every week, every month. If any Indian does and has done any of the following he or she is a party to this murder:
1. Follow bad cultural practices full of mistreatment of women such as dowry, bride harassment, infanticide, bride burning, daughter in-law harassment, refusing education to girls, girl teasing, groping on public buses,
2. Follow religious scriptures full with bad role models, behavior and examples
3. Discriminate and/or mistreat daughters against boys
4. Follow extreme superstitions; miracle makers or middlemen to God called swamis
5. Still follow the caste and class system, interracial and inter-caste marriages
6. Have a false sense of cultural superiority over societies of other nations
7. Low self-respect, self-esteem - play crony to others
8. Elect immoral and corrupt leaders, support bad political dynasties
India's value system and people are equally responsible for the rapes and atrocities against Indian women. These crimes are condoned on a daily basis in India. The second big problem is India's educated middle class that is meek, docile, afraid and selfish. The nation will forget this tragedy in 3 weeks and resume their mediocre lives and these crimes will continue. They always have. They always will.”
Pedro Gonzales on Jun 26, 2013 at 15:32:27
“Care to elaborate on '2'? Which specific role models are you talking about?
I agree that much of the rest is bad, but not endemic to society in India.
On 4, not all swamis consider themselves middlemen to God. And these middlemen to God exist in this country too.
And seriously, you haven't seen any '6' in the US? It's what the rest of the world hates this country for.”
EagleFliesInSky on Jun 26, 2013 at 14:13:16
“And the mothers ALLOW the sons to beat their daughters. It's future training for when they marry. The girls must get used to it. A filthy society and society is too decent a word to use for them.”
GNOLOGY on Jun 26, 2013 at 13:36:51
“so in a nutshell - Beliefs are the Seeds of Evil”
“You have no idea how practical they are. Seeing is believing. Visit India and try them. You will be glad that you had them. They don't tell you this on travel channel or tourism commercial or PBS or Discovery channel. I am a God and know India. I may need traffic directions in New York or Paris but I know the land of Hindustan and its people well.”
“I take that as a offense. Hinduism is the oldest civilization in the world. We get the credit for accepting that as God's act so that it is credible. The cavemean did it but it was not sanctioned by the authority. We did it first by making the God himself do it. No other religion could even imagine doing it first although Goverrnor Pontius Pilate invented a very interesting way to punish. It was worse than beheading which is not as painful.”
Junesopinion on Jun 19, 2013 at 13:59:39
“Take offense all you like, the historical record simply isn't with you.
"Hinduism" or the Vedics that preceded them, are most certainly NOT the oldest civilization in the world.”
“Bravo to the Young Woman. The ending made us all happy.
THE ORIGIN OF BEHEADING
Many around the world do not know but the custom of beheading, especially mastered today by the Taliban has its origin in the Hindu mythology. Lord Shiva came home one day and his own son Ganesha did what his mother (Parvati or Sati) asked him to do, "Not Let Anyone Inside". She was taking a shower so she asked the 5 year old Ganesha to stand at the door. Lord Shiva did not recognize his son, got very angry and just beheaded his son with a swipe of his Trident (Holy Trishul). When he went inside he asked the wife - "who was this guy?" Parvati said what did you do? He said I killed him. She went ballistic. So Lord Shiva saw a baby elephant going by and he quickly made another killing. He cut the baby elephant's head and put it on the son's torso. The son was resurrected and was known as Ganapati. He is India's most popular God today. Who says 8,000 years old Hinduism is not relevant today?”
Junesopinion on Jun 18, 2013 at 15:32:54
“Umn, really? your thesis is there was no beheading before the Hindus started doing it?
“Restorative Yoga is Good but a Flight to India is Not...... Indian Tourism is advertising .... "VISIT INDIA. COME FOR A VISIT AND STAY FOR THE RA*PE"
10 Travel Tips to enjoy the trip to India ...........
1. India is ruled by One Family Dynasty – For the most of its 65 years of independence, Sonia Gandhi is not Mahatma Gandhi's daughter
2. Watch Physical Safety - Watch your women. India is a sexually oppressed country. Tightly close your hotel room and stay half awake every night
3. Watch your Wallets – India is a poor country that learns from its leaders who loot the country. But don't Ask why so much poverty with so many cows?
4. Keep Hard Cash Handy – India runs on corruption
5. Watch what you say about primitive Hindu culture – People think that they are superior to you beef eaters
6. Do not Criticize Leaders – Cronyism is very high in India (called Chamachagiri)
7. Hindu Swamis – A big business in India. Consider staying behind to become a swami
8. 330 Million Gods to pick from – From Gods with lipstick to hot Goddesses to scary, ugly deities with 10 hands, 10 heads, ridiculous miracles are included
9. Do Not Miss Bollywood – India produces more movies than any country, Get a role to act as a bad Westerner villain
10 Stay Away from Prostitutes – A bad idea, It is a hotbed of STDs and no FUN”
Helen G Thomas on Jun 14, 2013 at 17:50:07
“And you should know, lol. I love the top ten..... Tell the truth.”
“INDIA... COME FOR TOURISM, STAY FOR THE RA*PE. ATTENTION. IMPORTANT TRAVEL TIPS FOR INDIA..
1. Watch your Safety - Watch your women. India is a sexually oppressed country. Tightly close your hotel rooms and stay half awake
2. Watch your Wallets – India is a poor country that learns from its political leaders who loot the country
3. Keep Hard Cash Handy – India runs on corruption
4. Watch what you say about Hindu culture – People are sensitive and think that the Western societies have a rotten culture and they are superior to beef eaters
5. Do not Criticize Leaders – Cronyism is very high in India
6. Ruled by One Family Dynasty – India is run by one family dynasty for the most of its 65 years of independence. Sonia Gandhi is not Mahatma Gandhi's daughter, she is very far from it in virtues
7. Hindu Swamis – Swamis are larger than Gods. It is a big business in India. Many tourists saw the potential and decided to stay behind and become swamis
8. 16,000 Gods to pick from – Choose from male Gods with lipsticks to hot looking Goddesses to scary and ugly looking deities with 10 hands, 10 hands
9. Do Not Miss Bollywood – India produces more movies than any country in the world, You may get a role to act as a bad villain
10. Stay Away from Prostitutes – It is a bad idea, Indian prostitution is a hotbed of STDs”
Ansoo on Jun 7, 2013 at 18:43:06
“I am still waiting for the practical travel tips...”
“Let the truth be known for the sake of thousands of innocent Iraqui women, children and men who gained nothing but death, maiming, injuries, trauma, misery, destruction and everthing else that the Satan cousin - Bush and Blair offered”
imaspaceboy on Jul 22, 2013 at 17:40:55
“that would be 1,000,000+ of innocent iraqis. very sad, very disgusting.”
Dan Zuffi on Jul 22, 2013 at 17:37:36
“And don't forget Cheney, Rumsfeld, Condi Rice, those members on neoconservative "think tanks" and 99% of the US congress that approved (and profited) by sanctions and attacking Iraq.”
VPerry24 on Jul 22, 2013 at 17:19:31
“And 5 million dead! But we only claim a fraction.”
elcastle on Jul 22, 2013 at 17:16:27
“and loss of democracy too...”
elcastle on Jul 22, 2013 at 17:16:05
“and we are still paying for it with our economy..pathetic state of Union.”
“This is so od and I have seen it myself during my 120 year avatar on Earth. Hello, Lord Krishna here. I am the blue God of Hinduism with lipstick but with no nipple%s because I am considered to be a 'complete man' in the Hindu scriptures. I had 16,000 wives and now I have to hear this. This is what I called Kaliyug or the Age of Disaster. However, there is nothing more beautiful than 2 humans in love. I bless them for all happiness in their lives.”
“This is not consistent with the Hindu tradition. He made a mistake. Although Nepal is the only Hindu nation on the face of the Earth, he did not follow the glorious tradition of SATI. In the old days, the men died first and the society put their widows (often child widows with 20 year age differences) on dead husbands' pyres. These child brides were terrified, they cried out loud, so the priests and people beat drums loud around the pyre to prevent their screams from being heard. If they tried to run, often their limbs were broken and they were then tied to the pyre wood with ropes. This continued until the British made it illegal. But Hindus did not stop there. More recent incidents of SATI were discovered in India - in Rajasthan (1987), Utter Pradesh (2006) Madhya Pradesh (2002 and 2006) and in Chattisgarh (2008). The practice of Sati mostly happens in parts of northern and central India. Isolated incidents may be more but not reported officially that caused a lot of controversy and social turmoil in the country over and over again. How do I know this? Because I am the Indian God Krishna and I watch all this stupidity from the heavens but there is nothing I can do about it. I am just a figment of Hindu imagination.”