There's nothing more satisfying than a warm, fresh out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookie. When you lift it off the tray and it's oozing with gooey, melted chocolate, there's nothing on Earth that can give you more joy than that simply decadent cookie. National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day only rolls around once a year (though there's really never a reason not to eat one any other day of the year), but food holidays call for a mandatory inhalation of said food. Chocolate chip cookies are a solid base, so adding ingredients from bacon to oatmeal to Nutella can only positively improve your cookie. Or, if you're a diehard purist, stick to the traditional recipe for old time's sake. Either way, it's imperative you eat a chocolate chip cookie today.
1. Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies Get the recipe here.
2. Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies Learn how to make it here.
3. Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Learn how to make it here.
4. Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies Get the recipe here.
5. Microwave Cookie in a Cup Learn how to make it here.
6. Ooey Gooey Marshmallow Cookies Get the recipe here.
7. Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Get the recipe here.
8. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Stuffed Pretzels Learn how to make it here.
9. Mock Magic Carpet Cookies Get the recipe here.
10. Chickpea Cookie Dough Learn how to make it here.
11. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes Get the recipe here.
Photos by Kelda Baljon, Mei Lan Fogarty, Mackenzie Barth, Liz Tadie, Christine Chang, Brooke Hamroff, Katherine Carroll, Abigail Wilkins, Hannah Morse, Abbie Ginis and Agnes Chen.
Like Spoon University on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpoonUniversity
Follow Spoon University on Instgram: http://instagram.com/spoonuniversity