iOS app Android app

Clinic

'Mighty Jerry Has Struck Out'

Jerry Zezima | Posted 02.19.2014 | Comedy
Jerry Zezima

If you don't see me in spring training, hitting baseballs over the fence and signing autographs for adoring fans, it will be because I was recently on...

Yes You Can!

Myra Demeter | Posted 07.06.2013 | Impact
Myra Demeter

The goal of the day was to introduce golf to those who had never played before and to reacquaint players who had suffered a stroke and now had to deal with their disabilities. The positive attitude, encouragement and upbeat mood of the pros, health professionals and staff was evident and transferred to the participants. T

Dog Ears Music: Volume 256

The Everlasting Phil Ramone and Danielle Evin | Posted 01.30.2013 | Entertainment
The Everlasting Phil Ramone and Danielle Evin

This week we review music by Rubén González, Clinic, Hungry Kids of Hungary, Tim Hardin, Ben Howard, The Cool Kids and more.

The Top 1% Providing Free Health Care to the 99% in South Florida

Nezar Hamze | Posted 02.21.2012 | Miami
Nezar Hamze

Ever since the Occupy movement started we've heard how the top 1% continues to get richer while the rest of the 99% suffers. The issues range from eco...

Michele and Marcus Bachmann on Homosexuality (VIDEO)

Erin Gibson | Posted 09.18.2011 | Comedy
Erin Gibson

2011-07-19-bachmannparody.jpg

Weekly Pulse: Don't Snort Bath Salts, Kids

The Media Consortium | Posted 05.25.2011 | Home
The Media Consortium

by Lindsay Beyerstein, Media Consortium blogger According to Robin Marty of Care2.org, today's young whippersnappers are snorting bath salts and pl...

Myrtle Isn't Fertile Anymore

Lisa Mirza Grotts | Posted 11.17.2011 | Healthy Living
Lisa Mirza Grotts

Take it from someone who's been there: Trying to conceive a child can be a heartbreaking but fully worthwhile journey, especially when choosing a nontraditional method of conception.

Weekly Pulse: Egg Salad Surprise! Congress Votes to Clean Up Food Supply

The Media Consortium | Posted 05.25.2011 | Home
The Media Consortium

by Lindsay Beyerstein, Media Consortium blogger It's a Christmas-week miracle! The Senate, in a vote that astonished everyone, brought the Food Safe...

Many Kinds of Help in Haiti's Clinics

Matthew Sheard | Posted 05.25.2011 | World
Matthew Sheard

Today we did our first Clinic. We travelled a rocky and uneven road to a small village, Corridor 2. The Clinic was held in the family home of one of...

My $1,547 Hospital Bill For A Rash

Blake Fleetwood | Posted 05.25.2011 | Politics
Blake Fleetwood

At the end of August I had a rash. I was visiting a relative at Southampton Hospital on Long Island and decided to stop at the Emergency Room to have it checked out.

Congo: Midwives Transform Trash Into Hope

Georgianne Nienaber | Posted 05.25.2011 | World
Georgianne Nienaber

Since Secretary Clinton ended her African trip, the news cycle has seemingly abandoned the women of Congo.

President Obama and Congress: If You Missed Wise County, Join Me in LA

Wendell Potter | Posted 05.25.2011 | Politics
Wendell Potter

Insurance company bureaucrats, who are under constant pressure from investors to spend less and less of every premium dollar they receive from us, are telling their policyholders to seek charity care.

MY Healthcare Problem

Abby L. Ferber | Posted 11.17.2011 | Healthy Living
Abby L. Ferber

Health insurance companies are not in the business of making healthcare easier for us; they are in business.