iOS app Android app

Finch Elementary School Carbon Monoxide

When It Comes To Carbon Monoxide, Let's Act Now

Kate Carr | Posted 02.05.2013 | Parents
Kate Carr

This week, 49 children and staff from an elementary school in Georgia were taken to the hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning. This near-tragedy has many parents, including me, wondering, "Is this something that can happen at my child's school?"

After Evacuation, Atlanta Debates School Carbon Monoxide Detectors

AP | RAY HENRY | Posted 12.05.2012 | Education

ATLANTA -- It's odorless, colorless and deadly. And if carbon monoxide is leaking in a school, it might not be detected. Atlanta school officials are...

Georgia Students Moved To Another School After Gas Scare

AP | Posted 02.03.2013 | Education

ATLANTA — Students from an Atlanta elementary school where potentially deadly carbon monoxide seeped into the air will attend classes at a middl...

Georgia School Evacuated For Carbon Monoxide, 31 Hospitalized

AP | JEFF MARTIN | Posted 02.02.2013 | Education

ATLANTA — Potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels at an Atlanta elementary school with no detectors sent at least 42 students and seven adults...