Written by Maressa Brown on CafeMom's blog, The Stir.
After being married almost a year to Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively recently confessed to Lucky magazine that being a newlywed certainly has its bizarro moments. The former "Gossip Girl" actress said, "I was recently asked how my style has changed since I got married, as if I was living under some sort of dictatorship." Haa, wow, soo crazy! But the sad thing is, I totally know what she's talking about!
For some baffling, annoying reason, crossing the threshold from single to married seems to open a Pandora's box of weird, random and downright ridiculous remarks and questions. Here, 16 of some of the most common, annoying and/or completely crazy ...
- "So... when are you having kids????" (And any variation on this, like, "When are you going to start trying?" or "Are you pulling the goalie?")
- "You're not hyphenating and/or taking his horrible last name, right?"
- "Are you still allowed to go out without him?"
- "Hey, you know statistics show you have less than a 50 percent chance of this working out, right?"
- "He'll make a great first husband!"
- "How's the old ball and chain?"
- "Congrats! Your sex life is over!"
- "I always thought you'd end up with (fill-in-the-blank person or type of person other than the new husband)."
- "Is that true what they say about marriage killing your sex life?"
- "You probably already miss the single life, huh?"
- "Does your husband let you wear THAT?"
- "Why bother exercising/eating right? Now that the wedding's over, you can get fat!"
- "Here's the card of a divorce lawyer I know in case it doesn't work out."
- "Welcome to the club! Now we can be miserable together."
- "Why are you doing your hair/makeup? You've already got 'im!"
- "Are you still going to work?" (Uh, what year is this again?!)
What's the craziest thing anyone has said to you since being married?
More from The Stir:
7 Things Every Husband Needs to Be Able to Do (PHOTOS)
The One Thing Every Relationship Needs to Make It Last
7 Things Women Think Are Sexy That Men Actually Hate
5 Secrets It's Totally OK to Keep From Your Husband
6 Lies About Marriage That Give Brides False Hope on Their Wedding Day
Follow The Stir on Twitter: