Written by Jill Smokler on CafeMom's blog, The Stir.
Last week, I wrote a post on 50 Reasons To Not Have a Baby. Truth be told, I wrote it for myself just as much as anyone else because I suffer constant baby fever and it's always nice to be reminded of the hard stuff. To even things out, (and prove that I do actually enjoy parts of this gig), I thought it would be nice to list fifty reasons for having a baby. Well, fifty reasons for you to have a baby. I'm done.
- Eating for two.
- Maternity jeans.
- Baby kicks.
- The fun of being able to say "I'm not expecting" when asked how far along you are.
- Justified naps.
- Not worrying about birth control.
- Hearing the heartbeat for the first time.
- Parking in "Expectant Mother" parking spaces.
- Not having to suck in your gut.
- The fact that nobody picks a fight with the pregnant woman.
- Having an excuse for flakiness.
- Not having a period for nine months.
- Having your husband cater to your every whim.
- The epidural.
- Getting to stay in a hospital for 48 hours. (Of course, this is only appealing if you have other children at home.)
- The first shower after delivery.
- Announcing the arrival on Facebook.
- People bring you meals!
- And help you with laundry!
- And want to make your life easier!
- That first precious Halloween costume.
- Introducing them to their new big sister or brother.
- Teeny, tiny baby toes.
- Maternity leave.
- Sweet baby giggles.
- Shopping for baby clothes.
- Then dressing them up!
- Cute baby butts in little baby baths.
- Soft newborn hair.
- The fact that they don't talk back ... yet.
- Using your post-pregnancy body changes as an excuse to buy a new wardrobe.
- Baby fingers.
- Catching up on all of the TV you missed over the last 10 years.
- That precious first smile.
- Having people ask to hold the baby vs. having them run away from your kids.
- The ability to transfer sleeping child seamlessly.
- Sweet smelling baby skin.
- Pregnancy horniness.
- The cuteness of baby hiccups.
- Little booties.
- Funny baby facial expressions, like when they're pooping.
- Having an excuse to be unshowered.
- The ability to turn down invites to family functions for at least three months.
- The excitement of their first steps.
- Tiny baby ears.
- The heart-stopping moment the first time they say "mama."
- Catching sweet moments on camera and showing them off.
- You get a baby. Lucky you!
More from The Stir:
6 Creative Ways to Say 'I'm Pregnant!' (PHOTOS)
10 Fantastic Perks of Being a Mom
10 Toys to Give Children Whose Parents You Hate
10 Hilarious Confessions That Sum Up Motherhood
Follow The Stir on Twitter: