When it comes to providing help to those in need, you can always count on musicians to do their part. To help communities impacted by the recent Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, some of today's hottest bands have joined together with Global Green USA to release a benefit compilation entitled Gasoline Rainbows, out today. Gasoline Rainbows will be an iTunes exclusive download, available only through the popular online music store.
The compilation was brought together by actress Sophia Bush and actor Austin Nichols, most well known for their roles on the television show One Tree Hill. Sophia and Austin travelled, with Global Green, to Grand Isle, Louisiana, to visit the beaches and see the devastation wrought by the Deepwater Horizon spill firsthand. Moved by the stretches of oil along the once-beautiful beaches, as well as the devastation to the wildlife, they decided to help in whatever way they could, and this compilation is a direct result of that.
One hundred percent of the artist and label proceeds from Gasoline Rainbows will be used for Global Green's oil spill response to directly assist the communities, people, and ecosystems impacted by the BP Oil Spill, educate the public, push for more regulation (to ensure a tragedy like this never happens again) and advocate for a greener, cleaner economy.
Gasoline Rainbows will include material by some of the most popular names in music, alongside new up-and-coming talents. The compilation will include music by LCD Soundsystem, Phoenix, Silversun Pickups, Vampire Weekend, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros, amongst others.
Not only will the compilation feature incredible tracks by the aforementioned artists, but it will contain three brand new, previously unreleased tracks as well. Singer-songwriters Amy Kuney, Damian Rice and City & Colour will all be providing never before heard material for the compilation.
Purchase the album today.
FULL TRACK LISTING:
1. "Gasoline Rainbows" -- Amy Kuney*
2. "Armistice" -- Phoenix
3. "40 Day Dream" -- Edward Sharpe And The Magnetic Zeros
4. "There's No Secret's This Year" -- Silversun Pickups
5. "At The Birds Foot" -- City & Colour*
6. "The Connoisseur of Great Excuse" -- Damien Rice*
7. "Bloodbuzz Ohio" -- The National
8. "Tighten Up" -- The Black Keys
9. "Let The Time Roll By" -- Onward, Soldiers
10. "Moth's Wings" -- Passion Pit
11. "Floating Vibes" -- Surfer Blood
12. "Mama Taught Me Better" -- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
13. "I Can Change" -- LCD Soundsystem
14. "Cousins" -- Vampire Weekend
*Brand new material
The internet's best stories, and interviews with the people who tell them. Learn more