Lots of films are being retired from NetFlix on January 1. Here's what to watch with your kids right now, and what to watch after they go to bed:
With the Kids
- October Sky (PG) - There is a little bit of strong language, but this show is fantastic for school-age kids. It's also a true story, which makes it even cooler.
- Alice in Wonderland (G) - It's always good. (This one expires on January 4, 2014)
- The Secret of Nimh (G) - You'll shudder with fear, but it's still kid-friendly.
After The Kids Have Gone to Bed
- Can't Hardly Wait (PG -13) - Will remind you of college. The soundtrack, the actors, the whole show is like a great mix of an '80s movie plot with late '90s music and fashion.
- Saturday Night Live The 2000's - You never need a reason to watch old SNL skits. When entertaining, they're always good in a pinch.
- As Good as It Gets (PG - 13)- This should be on everybody's must-watch-twice list.
- Top Gun (PG) - Because Maverick, Goose and Iceman are classic. Even though this is PG, the "Take My Breath Away" scene is pretty steamy.
- Titanic (PG-13) - Also known as "The Boat Show." Did the Wolf of Wall Street cause a longing in your heart for Leo's sweeter days? Cue this flick up now!