Party Hopping on Monday June 25, with former Real Housewives Of N.J. cast-mate Kim G. was a laugh and a scream a minute. It's always a peak experience when Kim is around, especially during Gay Pride Week in NYC.
From the Broadway Sings for Pride event featuring Chaz Bono, to the Trevor Live Gala at Pier 60, then on to the grand finale, Ringo Starr's pop art showcase at the Pop International Galleries to benefit his Lotus foundation. All three events benefiting very worthwhile organizations. It was thrills and chills and loop-the-loops at each new venue. Here are some of the highlights, and lowlights from our yellow submarine (cab) ride through the streets of Manhattan.
- Missing Chaz Bono at the Broadway Sings event.
- Passed hors d'oeuvre and the open bar with Summer Martinis at the Trevor Gala.
- A V-beaut'e 'It Kit' in one of my gift bags. Which Included some eye cream and evidence eraser in a tube, just what every celebrity needs after a night on the town.
- Not talking to Todd Rundgren at the Ringo event because I thought he was just some creepy guy with a blonde skunk on his head. Note to self: When you're at a rock and roll party, always get your picture taken with the freakiest looking dude in the room, because he's probably really famous.
- The Ringo event VIP room was boozeless. Next year it's BYOB.
- Learning that wild child Billy Squier, who was there with his wife Nicole, now enjoys gardening and mentoring young children. Nothing against gardening, mentoring, or Billy, it just wasn't what I imagined one of my teenage rock idols would be doing in his down time. But I can adjust, I've matured, not really.
- Somehow going from Ringo to gay bingo (in the wrong place) looking for the Broadway Sings after party downtown at the Stonewall (no offense to the rather large drag-queen named Ken calling the numbers). Bonus highlight -- Chaz Bono wasn't there either.