by Juli Weiner, Vanity Fair
Last night astrological enthusiasts gathered at "Curiosity-landing parties" to party and watch Curiosity land. Here is a sampling of Curiosity-landing-party pickup lines, archived for purposes of science.
- "I'll show you curiosity--curiosity about what you'd look like in my bed."
- "Men are from Mars, women are from Venus, and you and I are three subway stops from my house."
- "Seven minutes of terror is an off-night for me, baby."
- "[mumbles] Big Bang [laughter]"
- "Are you an astronaut? Because the punch line to that opener is orbiting around the tip of my tongue."
- "If you were a planet, you'd be Pluto, because you're not technically a planet, you're a woman."
- "There may not be water on Mars, but there's definitely water in your glass. Because your ice melted and I'd like to buy you another drink. What were you drinking? Water? Oh."
More from Vanity Fair:
HuffPost Entertainment is your one-stop shop for celebrity news, hilarious late-night bits, industry and awards coverage and more — sent right to your inbox six days a week. Learn more