Today, Time debuts its list of the 100 most influential people in the world. The list is broken down into five categories: Leaders & Revolutionaries, Heroes & Pioneers, Scientists & Thinkers, Artists & Entertainers, and Builders & Titans.
The usual suspects — Bush, Clinton, Obama, McCain, Dalai Lama, Putin — are all on the list, as well as some surprises. The full list can be accessed here, but the media personalities named among the world's most influential include:
- Oprah Winfrey, profiled by Michelle Obama
- Dr. Mehmet Oz, profield by Eric Ripert
- Mark Zuckerberg, profiled by Craig Newmark
- Lorne Michaels, profiled by Tina Fey
- Elizabeth Gilbert, profiled by John Hodgman
- Tim Russert, profiled by Mario Cuomo
- Suze Orman, profiled by Donny Deutsch
- Rupert Murdoch, profield by Paul Steiger
The winners will be honored at a gala in New York next week.