1. My son surprised me and came home to visit from faraway.
2. A 10-speed bicycle when I was 11 years old. Since then? Has to be the cashmere sweaters from Mom and Dad. Precious and warm.
3. A subscription to The Economist.
4. Season tickets to my favorite ski slope.
5. A huge jar of real maple syrup, tapped, cooked and processed at my friend's farm.
6. A friend hosted a dinner party in my honor with good friends and great conversation.
7. A super-8 camera.
8. A trip to hot springs in Colorado.
9. A trip to Ireland.
10. 4 hours of horseback riding in Central Park.
11. An iPod.
12. A puppy.
13. A string of pearls.
14. An iPhone.
15. 36 sessions with a personal trainer.
16. My kids and Obama.