Today is National Junk Food Day. The origins of the holiday are unclear, but we think it's a great reason to chow down on a sugary snack, as long as you practice moderation during the rest of the year.
Now, for some fun facts!Did you know...
- The average American eats about 24.5 pounds of candy per year, with 11.6 pounds being chocolate candy
- There are 3,961 confectionery and nut stores in the U.S.
- The top five ice cream flavors are vanilla, chocolate, butter pecan, strawberry and chocolate chip mint
- More than 90% of households in the U.S. consume ice cream
- Not into candy or desserts? The U.S. has 12,804 McDonald's restaurants
Let us know what you think:
What did we leave out? Let us know in the comments.
And if you totally can't decide what to eat on this special day, get some inspiration from This is why you're fat.