UPDATE: Carlos Allen, the man accused of being the third White House gate crasher, denies being at November's state dinner. "I did not attend the state dinner," Allen repeatedly told Politico.
The Secret Service says another person not on the guest list was allowed into a White House state dinner for India's prime minister in November. While officials have yet to release any details, the Washington Post is reporting the man's name is Carlos Allen:
A congressional source, who was granted anonymity to speak about the ongoing investigation into porous security at the White House, identified the man as Carlos Allen, a D.C. party promoter who runs an event space in Mount Pleasant. The source saw Allen's name in official e-mails and documents pertaining to the Secret Service probe. Allen, 39, did not respond Monday to repeated e-mails and phone messages. The Post spoke with him last month regarding a comment he made to a blogger about having attended the state dinner; in the brief exchange, he denied knowledge of anything to do with the dinner.
Officials have been reviewing White House security procedures after it was discovered that an attention-seeking couple - Tareq and Michaele Salahi - made their way into the party without an invitation and shook hands with the president. Monday's acknowledgment brings the tally to three people who made it through Secret Service security at the White House without being on a guest list.
The Secret Service says someone traveling with the Indian delegation was allowed in. The service says this person was screened at the hotel with the rest of the Indian delegation who attended the state dinner.