HOLLYWOOD HILLS (KTLA) -- Fire officials say one of their own has died from injuries suffered while battle a huge fire at a home in the Hollywood Hills early Thursday morning.
38-year veteran Glenn L. Allen died at 12:15 p.m. Friday, said Erik Scott of the Los Angeles Fire Department.
He was 61 and about a year from retirement and was expecting a grandchild this week.
The fire broke out around 11:20 p.m. at an upscale, 6,000-square-feet home in the 1500 block of N. Viewsite Drive.
The fire appears to have started near a fireplace and then extended into the attic, according to L.A. City Fire Deputy Chief Mario Rueda.
Watch the video and click HERE for the rest of the story.