Thanks for your interest in playing a larger role in the 2012 campaign through OfftheBus. OfftheBus is a forum and platform for you to share your views and information on the 2012 elections.
Please read these terms below before registering for OfftheBus. By registering and submitting any items for possible consideration and inclusion on the OfftheBus site or any site owned or operated by AOL Inc. (collectively, “OfftheBus”), you agree to the terms as they are below or at the time of your submission, as they may be updated from time to time. The most current version of these terms can be viewed at any time at: OfftheBus.org. They have the same effect as an agreement in writing. If you do not agree to any of these terms, please don’t submit any materials to OFFTHEBUS.
HOW IT WORKS
- You are independent. You are an independent contractor, not an employee of OFFTHEBUS You agree that you are not entitled to, and don’t expect any wages or compensation for any of your content. You also agree that you are not eligible for any employee benefit plans or programs. You must obtain and pay for your own computer, Internet access, third-party clearances and licenses and everything else you need to create and submit your posts or other materials to us. You cannot hold yourself out as our agent or representative or attempt to bind us to any obligations.
- What do I get out of this? A lot! OFFTHEBUS provides a forum with an audience for you to share your views and express your unique opinions and ideas. What a great way to get some attention to the ideas and issues you think are most important in this campaign!
- Submit if and when you want; you are the boss. As an independent contractor, you are your own boss. You have complete control over the manner and means by which you create any materials for OFFTHEBUS, and you agree that you are not under the direction or control of OFFTHEBUS. You can stop participating at any time. If you decide to participate, you decide when, where and how often you write and submit. You can write or provide services for anyone else you want at any time. You can write about anything you want. Though we have listed some topics that may be of interest in this campaign, OFFTHEBUS does not select or approve your topics for submissions.
- Submit proper work. However, you represent to us that any posts, photos and any other content you submit (1) is your original work or properly licensed content that you have the express right to sublicense to us, (2) does not infringe or violate any law, rule or regulation or the rights or intellectual property rights of any person or entity (or encourage anyone else to do so), (3) is not objectionable, inaccurate or inflammatory; and (4) is not obscene, defamatory, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, (5) is not an advertisement or solicitation of business or contributions; or (6) is not otherwise against the interests of OFFTHEBUS or our users as a whole. We have the right (but not the obligation) to remove or not use or post any or all of your submissions that fail to comply with the above, or for any other reason, without notice to you.
- Notify us of any errors. If you find that something you have submitted contains a factual error, contact OFFTHEBUS immediately..
- Receive 3rd party complaints? Send them to us. Send any 3rd party legal complaints you receive on the content posted on the OFFTHEBUS site to an editor. Don’t respond to them yourself.
- No guarantees. OFFTHEBUS provides a forum for your ideas and expression, but is made available to you “as is” without guarantee of any results based upon the publication of your materials, is subject to changes and could temporarily or permanently be suspended without notice to you, and without guarantee that it will operate free of errors, viruses, bugs or service breakdowns. We do not guarantee that your participation will fulfill any requirements you expect from the program.
- You own your submissions, but we can still use them. You own the copyright in your submitted content and you can post it anywhere else you wish. However, by submitting any content to OFFTHEBUS (including text, videos, photographs or audio materials), you grant OFFTHEBUS a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual license to exercise all rights under copyright law with respect to such content (including without limitation the rights to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, and publically display and perform), which OFFTHEBUS may use and exploit (along with your name and identifying features) on their websites and other properties and those of their affiliates and business partners, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes, online or offline, in any medium and mode of delivery.
- We may be required to provide information about you. You agree that if OFFTHEBUS is legally required to disclose information that we have about you (including your IP address and location, name and user name), we may do so, without notice to you.
- Complaints and Inquiries/Choice of law. If you violate any of the OFFTHEBUS terms, or we receive an inquiry or complaint about your post, you agree that you are responsible. This agreement is governed by New York law, and if we have a dispute about it, or about any content that you submit to us, the dispute will be resolved only in the courts of New York. We may provide you notices about the OFFTHEBUS programand these terms by e-mail. These terms make up the entire agreement between you and us and cannot be changed unless we agree to it in writing.