John Osborn is the President & CEO of BBDO New York. The Huffington Post caught up with him to discuss Advertising Week, his thoughts on the city he calls home, and his important work following 9/11.
1. What is your favorite part of Advertising Week? The GenerationNext event.
2. If there were to be a new home for Advertising Week outside of NY, where would it be? Seriously?
3. You were instrumental in lifting the spirits of New Yorkers with the New York Miracle Campaign post 9/11. How do you feel looking back 10 years later? I try to look forward...
4. Who did you favorite bit in that campaign? It was all about "we," not one person.
5. Favorite movie featuring New York? "When Harry Met Sally"
6. What one piece of advice would you give to young people just entering the business? Be genuine.
7. Uptown, downtown or midtown? Given I am not allowed below Canal Street because I'm not cool enough, I am going to go with midtown.
8. Favorite band? The Bodeans!
9. What panel(s) will you be you sure not to miss? Anything featuring BBDO or BBDO clients
10. Now the tough one: favorite icon and slogan? Aside from our Clients, Oscar Meyer weiner... (please, no jokes).