BLACK VOICES' "JASON WU FOR TARGET" GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Black Voices "Jason Wu for Target" Giveaway (the "Giveaway") is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. AOL Inc., Target Brands, Inc., and each of their respective advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, members, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Giveaway (collectively, "Giveaway Entities") and/or directors, employees, officers, each of their immediate family (spouse, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and children) and household members (whether legally related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All applicable U.S., federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: The Giveaway is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 ("Sponsor").
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these "Official Rules" and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Giveaway begins at 4pm ET on February 6, 2012 and ends at 12pm ET on February 13, 2012 (the “Entry Period”).
5. ENTRY: To enter the Giveaway, during the Entry Period, go to (TBD) and follow the instructions to submit your entry. Limit one (1) entry per person. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Giveaway at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
6. DRAWING/ODDS: At the conclusion of the Entry Period, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner, one (1) potential First Prize Winner, and ten (10) potential Second Prize Winners in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winner will be final. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNERS: An entrant who is notified that his/her entry was selected in the random drawing is a Potential Winner. A Potential Winner is not a winner until he/she has returned all required documentation and eligibility has been verified by Sponsor. Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within a specified time frame to be determined by Sponsor, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release and W-9 form in order to claim her Prize. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner's name and likeness for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a Jason Wu for Target Trench Coat and a $250 Target gift card. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Grand Prize is $304.99. One (1) First Prize Winner will receive a Jason Wu for Target Pleated Shift Dress and a $250 Target gift card. ARV of First Prize is $289.99. Ten (10) First Prize Winners will each receive a $50 Target Gift Card. Gift Cards are subject to issuer’s terms and conditions. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any federal, state and local taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to, fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Giveaway by any party, or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Giveaway. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
10. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to indemnify, release, discharge, and hold harmless each of the Giveaway Entities from and against any claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising, or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage (including death) to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to seek, punitive, incidental, consequential or special damages, lost profits and/or any other damages. Entrants’ remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations of exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to you.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
12. GIVEAWAY RESULTS: To request the name of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to BlackVoices Target Winners, c/o AOL, 770 Broadway, Rm 5A:B44, New York, NY 10003. Winner’s List requests must be received by February 29, 2012.