I tried my hardest to wear dark nail colors these cold-weather months, but after just a few days I get bored of them and give in to fuchsia, teal and yellow. Luckily, I've discovered DIY nail art inspired by fashion house Honor's fall 2012 collection that is bold and bright.
Missladyfinger blogger Taryn Multack translated a graphic skirt in an electrifying shade of lime green (pictured below) into a zig-zag mani that is sure to spark conversation when clutching a book, cell phone or cup of coffee.
Get this neon nail art in just five steps:
1. Paint your nails with Zoya Mitzi (a lime green).
2. Tape around the outside of your nail or dab olive oil around the edges to prevent a mess.
3. Using a black nail art brush or pen, paint short strokes on one side of your nail horizontally towards the center of your nail. Repeat on the other side.
4. Paint a black line down the center of your nail using the same horizontal, short strokes.
5. Seal the nail art with Seche Vite Top Coat.
What do you think of this Honor-inspired manicure? Would you ever wear it? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section.
Meanwhile, check out these terracotta nails influenced by Christian Cota's fall 2012 collection.
Click through the slideshow below for more DIY nail art.