03/20/2012 07:48 pm ET

Giovanni Ramirez, Initial Bryan Stow Beating Suspect, Released From Prison

The man who was initially suspected of brutally beating San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stow at the Dodger Stadium has been released from jail.

Giovanni Ramirez was released on parole Saturday, reports KTLA, almost one year after he was arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department in May of 2011.

While the LAPD never officially filed a case against Ramirez, he was sentenced to 10 months in jail for a parole violation stemming from his arrest for the Stow beating. Police had found a handgun on the premises where Ramirez was arrested, and access to a firearm is a violation of Ramirez's parole for a prior crime.

LAPD arrested two new suspects in July of last year, just a few weeks after Ramirez was sentenced to prison. Southland residents Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood were charged with felony mayhem and assault for Stow's brutal beating and Ramirez was officially exonerated.

When Ramirez heard about the arrests later that month, he and his lawyer hoped his exoneration would sway the parole board into granting him an early release for his parole violation. A statement conveyed by lawyer Jose Romero read:

More than anything I'm upset. Not for myself but for the grief and embarrassment that my friends, family and loved ones have been put through. Everyone is asking what am I going to do next. My only focus and attention is with the writ that has been filed this week. I know the judge in Superior Court will do the right thing.

Ramirez was eventually denied an early release.

Sanchez is being held at the Men's Central Jail in Downtown Los Angeles. Norwood is being held at a detention center in Castaic. Both are due back in court May 22.

Stow is currently undergoing "aggressive therapy" at a facility for others with traumatic brain injury. The most recent post on his family's site said that Stow struggles with short term memory, and that he needs assistance to move, get dressed and prepare his meals.