Think you can be serious -- and entertaining -- for a full 30 seconds? It might be harder than it sounds.
"Saturday Night Live" and "Portlandia" star Fred Armisen is asking the Internet to upload their 30-second serious videos to YouTube in hopes of curating the best ones. Now, 30 seconds of seriousness might not sound so difficult, but there are some rules which Fred outlines in the video above:
- Rule 1: It has to be serious.
- Rule 2: It has to be 30 seconds or less
- Rule 3: No more than 2 people in it
- Rule 4: At least 1 5 second dramatic pause
- Rule 5: At least 1 cutaway to an object
- Rule 6: Do your best acting
- Rule 7: It needs to have a door slamming
To participate, just upload your video to your own YouTube channel and include "Be Serious For 30 Seconds" somewhere in the title. The best videos will posted on the official YouTube page and you can go there to see what others have come up with. Don't forget the door slam (and remember: no funny stuff).