One of my go-to accessories is a leopard print scarf from H&M. Whether it's a chilly 50-degree morning or sunny 70-degree afternoon, you're likely to spot me wrapped up. But I think it's time that I retire my fave scarf, as well as the often played-out print. To appeal to the animal-loving side that is there in so many of us, I've discovered this gorgeous DIY giraffe print nail art.
Inspired by the long-necked mammal's stunning coat, Leslie of the blog Polish Art Addiction perfected this freehand manicure design using an unconventional product: Acrylic paint.
Photos: Detail of model at Louis Vuitton Spring 2011 runway show, Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images; China Glaze Lemon Fizz; Americana Acrylic Paint in Dark Chocolate: Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat; Polish Art Addiction's DIY giraffe nail art.
Follow Leslie's steps below to recreate this fun animal print manicure:
1. Prep nails with a base coat and then paint on a solid shade of China Glaze Lemon Fizz.
2. Pour a layer of Americana acrylic paint in dark chocolate onto a paper plate. Dilute with two drops of water to achieve a thinner consistency.
3. Using a thin paintbrush, start to draw giraffe spots onto each nail.
4. Continue creating spots until nails are covered. Add a second coat of brown paint to fill in any thin prints.
5. Finish the manicure by sealing with a fast-drying, shiny top coat.
What do you think about this giraffe print manicure? Would you wear it? Tell us in the comments section.
Meanwhile, find out how to stop biting your nails without exercising crazy willpower.
Click through the slideshow below for more DIY nail art.