We can't think of a more unique way to display pretty plants than with this Craft Of The Day. This dresser transformed into an outdoor planter might be the coolest thing since sliced bread. It has a totally vintage feel and is sure to be a conversation starter with house guests. Place this planter on your patio, deck or porch and we're sure you'll be getting compliments till the cows come home! Ready to turn an ordinary dresser into an outstanding planter? Keep reading for the how-to.
Photo by Kelly Elko for Eclectically Vintage.
How to Make It:
1. First, clean the dresser completely with TSP cleaner.
2. Paint the dresser with two coats of exterior paint in the color of your choice.
3. Once dry, line the dresser's drawers with garbage bags, securing them to the bottoms with painters tape.
4. Using an electric drill, put a few holes through the bottom of the drawers and through the garbage bags for water drainage.
5. Place three bricks in the back of each drawer so they won't tilt forward once filled.
6. Fill the drawers with soil and any plants you'd like!
For the full tutorial visit Eclectically Vintage.
And, be sure to check out our other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.