Confession: We love placemats. They are a great way to dress up a table and this Craft Of The Day by A Beautiful Mess is no exception. This placemat donned with spots for each dinnerware item is unique and adds some whimsy to your table setting. And maybe this will inspire your loved ones to pitch in next time your preparing dinner…well, we can dream. Either way, these sweet table linens are sure to add a little life to your tabletop! Ready to make these quirky mats? Keep reading for the how-to.
Photo from Emma Chapman of A Beautiful Mess.
White cotton fabric
How to Make It:
1. Using a marker, trace patterns for the knife, fork, spoon and plates on construction paper. You'll want to make each pattern slightly larger than the actual item.
2. Carefully cut out the patterns with scissors.
3. Using the construction paper cut-outs as guides, cut out the patterns from the cotton fabric and lace fabric.
4. Layer the lace cut-outs on top of the cotton ones, using fabric or craft glue to adhere them to the mat.
5. Allow the placemat to dry before using.
For the full tutorial visit A Beautiful Mess.
And, be sure to check out our other great crafts in our Craft Of The Day slideshow below.