DC
08/24/2012 08:41 am ET

Frederick Woman Hospitalized After Snake Bite

Flickr: dmott9

FREDERICK, Md. - A professional snake trapper is recovering after being bitten in the finger by a poisonous copperhead snake in Maryland. The Frederick News-Post ( http://tinyurl.com/8f35zyn) reports Tammy McCormack was removing a copperhead from deer netting in a Silver Spring garden on Wednesday when the snake bit her right index finger. On the drive back to her home in Frederick, McCormack says her finger swelled up and she began experiencing excruciating pain, nausea and a headache.

Read more on WTOP

CONVERSATIONS