Nothing compares to the holiday bling at malls like The Grove or Hollywood & Highland, but if you're looking for homey (and zany) yuletide decorations, hit the streets in search of LA's best-decorated neighborhoods.
According to real estate site Redfin, those neighborhoods are:
- Altadena: Christmas Tree Lane on Santa Rosa Ave, between Woodbury Ave. & Altadena Dr.
- Burbank: Dick Norton's Winter Wonderland, 513 N. Florence St.
- Hastings Ranch: Holiday Light Up, Streets off of Michillinda Ave.
- Woodland Hills -Tarzana: Candy Cane Lane, at Lubao Ave. & Oxnard St.
- Torrance: Sleepy Hollow Christmas Lights Extravaganza, Robert Rd., off Pacific Coast Hwy.
LA's rankings are part of a national list of the best-decorated neighborhoods Redfin released Tuesday. Unfortunately, LA didn't make the list of the top 5 in the U.S. (number one goes to Dyker Heights in Brooklyn, New York), but hey! There's always next year.
If you're thinking about making a pilgrimage this weekend, be sure to check the websites above for the best hours to drive through the residential neighborhoods.