Despite Angus T. Jones' controversial rant about "Two and a Half Men" last year, CBS "would like him to be a part of" Season 11, CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler said at the Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour on January 12.
While deals have yet to be struck with the cast or Warner Bros. (the studio that produces the show) for Season 11, Tassler confirmed, "we told Warner Brothers we'd like to have an eleventh season and they're equally interested."
Though reports surfaced that Jones planned to leave the hit comedy after the conclusion of Season 10, Tassler said, "We'd like him to be part of it next year; I think he would like to come back too; Chuck would like him to come back; Warner Bros would like him to come back. He's made his public apology and we've moved on."
In November, Jones declared the long-running show "filth" in a video professing his newfound Christian beliefs, which subsequently went viral. "If you watch 'Two and a Half Men,' please stop watching 'Two and a Half Men,'" Jones said in the video. "I'm on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it, please stop filling your head with filth." The next day, the 19-year-old had released an apology via his publicists.
Elsewhere on CBS' successful comedy slate, a deal has yet to be reached for a ninth season of "How I Met Your Mother," but Tassler insisted that "in a very few days, things will be resolved ... we're very confident and excited that things will all work out and almost everything is completed."
"Two and a Half Men" airs on Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. EST on CBS.