National Puppy Day is ringing in its 8th consecutive year this Saturday, and there are so many ways you can celebrate!
The day was organized by founder Colleen Paige in 2006 not just to revel in the awesomeness of puppies, but also to raise awareness about the horrors of puppy mills and help find homes for orphaned pups.
How can you get in on the action?
1. Start by cuddling up with your puppy pal and then watch the video above to remind yourself that puppies are the best thing to have happened to humankind.
2. Next, get educated. The National Puppy Day website has valuable information on why adoption is the best method when you're thinking of getting a dog.
3. Then, head down to a local shelter and spend some quality time with a itty bitty doggie!
4. Look at this puppy.
And this one.
5. Flip through the slideshow below to really get yourself into the holiday spirit.
6. Submit a photo so your own puppy can compete for the very important title of World's Most Adorable Puppy.
Just can't get enough of National Puppy Day? We don't blame you. Here are 50 more ways to celebrate!