This week brought several big headlines in extreme weather news:
- A spring blizzard dumped more than a foot of snow on some parts of the St. Louis region, causing widespread travel problems.
- A massive, 500-yard landslide on Washington State's Whidbey Island damaged a house and led to a neighborhood evacuation.
- The United Kingdom is preparing for one of the coldest Easter Sundays ever, and the coldest March since 1962, as a frigid winter carries into spring.
- Speaking of snow, Kiev, Ukraine has also had some pretty mountainous drifts this past week and Washington D.C. has gone white after a barrage of snow and freezing rain.
- There's a storm brewing in the Atlantic Ocean that stretches from Europe to North America, causing widespread snow across the U.S.
- Sea Turtle nesting season is getting off to a rough start due to after-effects of Hurricane Sandy and Tropical Storm Debbie, the Associated Press reports.
Check out photos of the week's extreme weather from around the world:
BEFORE YOU GO
Extreme Weather Photos Of The Week 3/31/2013