Our DVRs are a true reflection of our devotion to "Mad Men." The AMC series' retro vibe, salacious story lines and cutthroat characters like Joan, Betty and Don are worth watching over and over again. What's more, the employees of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce have taught us a lot about looking our best at the office.
- Redheads that wear red lipstick and red dresses really rule the boardroom.
- Smoking isn't cute (or great for your skin) no matter how many cocktails you take to the head.
- Super-curly bangs -- especially with a ponytail -- is no way to get ahead in one's career. Or life.
- But a makeover is a great way to get noticed.
- Silver hair is sexy.
- Don't be lazy or cheap. Invest in a good bra.
- And if you're Don Draper (aka Jon Hamm), good undies.
What has "Mad Men" taught you about beauty? Or fashion? Tell us in the comments section.
Expect glamorous transformations on "Mad Men" Season 6:
Want more HuffPost Style beauty content? Check us out on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostBeauty. (For everything else check out our main HuffPost Style Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram @HuffPostStyle.)
Do you have a beauty story idea or tip? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)