Ah, the Nineties. A decade where Tevas and feathered bangs ran supreme. Your biggest worry was feeding your Tamagotchi and rearranging your butterfly clips. But don't get us wrong, it was still a full-time job to stay in style. If your sneakers weren't Skechers it was the end of the world, and if your skirt wasn't actually a skort, you could forget about playing Pogs at recess.
In celebration of our most favorite decade, we've come up the 12 biggest trends of the '90s -- and if you partook in any these amazing fads, you were definitely one cool cat.
- JanSport backpacks. But they had to be JanSport. If you had any other brand, you may as well have just gone home. (Buy here!)
- Crimped hair. Not to be confused with "quick braiding."
- Jelly shoes. (Buy here!)
- Bandanas. Extra points if you wore one as a top.
- Baby Gs. If you had a big watch, you were a big deal. (Buy here!)
- Overalls. And all the cool kids always had one strap undone.
- Slap bracelets. Are any bracelets even half as fun these days?
- Tattoo Chokers. The number of necklaces you had was directly proportional to how popular you were. (Buy here!)
- Shell necklaces. If you went anywhere with a beach, you were practically required to return with some puka shells around your neck.
- Butterfly clips. The more, the merrier. (Buy here!)
- Scrunchies. Okay, maybe these never looked good.
- Bucket hats. Yes, this happened.
For more '90s fashion, check out our slideshow below:
Want more? Be sure to check out HuffPost Style on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest and Instagram at @HuffPostStyle.
Do you have a style story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)