Glenn Beck got some good news on Wednesday.
Beck's Internet channel, TheBlaze, was picked up by Cablevision, the New York Times reported on Thursday. The deal will put Beck back on TV for subscribers in the New York area. According to the Times, Cablevision boasts about three million subscribers in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Previously, Beck signed on with Dish Network in September 2012, one year after he launched his Internet channel, then named GBTV. The Times reported that it seems as though that deal might have expired, as Beck's media company has pursued relationships with other providers. Cablevision is the largest provider to carry TheBlaze.
Beck left Fox News in June 2011 amidst reports of advertisers dropping his show and clashes with management. Earlier this week, Fox News hit back at its former employee after Beck told a group of NYU students that he left the cable news channel so his soul would remain intact. A Fox News spokesperson told Politico's Mike Allen:
Glenn Beck wasn't trying to save his soul, he was trying to save his ass. Advertisers fled his show and even Glenn knows what that means in our industry. Yet, we still tried to give him a soft landing. Guess no good deed goes unpunished.