In 1967, the U.S. military decided to make its naval officers an instructional video teaching them to be good dates. The result is "How To Succeed With Brunettes," a 6-minute, hilariously retro video outlining the "wrong" way to woo a brown-haired lady and the "right" way.Here are 10 Dos and Don'ts we learned, courtesy of the U.S. Navy:
- DON'T be late.
- DO "treat her as an equal. Women like that." (LOL, j/k. You can't do that in the '60s.)
- DON'T sit down before the lady does.
- DO stand up if you see a senior officer while you're on your date.
- DON'T hold your date's coat up too high when you're helping her put it on.
- DO offer your arm and/or hand for "assistance" while walking a girl to the car.
- DON'T mess up your date's hair. "If you muss it, you're going to lose points."
- DO open doors. "It's a way to show your respect for ladies."
- DON'T forget to let ladies go first.
- DO order your date's food for her.
Remember boys: "This isn't just military etiquette, it's being a gentleman."
[H/T The Daily Mail]