When you're looking for color ideas for your home, it can be easy to rely on tried-and-true schemes. After all, there are so many options out there that choosing the right paint, furniture piece or accessory can feel slightly overwhelming. Although you can never go wrong with a classic combination (think black and white), there are definitely a few pairings that we've come across that will make your space fresh, unique and stunning.
These palettes may consist of colors that you'd think would never work together -- like green and red. But in that case, you'll see that it's all about the shade of green (lime) and the right red. Mixing brights with lights, cool colors with warm, or two shades of the same hue can make for some pretty exciting interiors. Scroll through the photos below to see six of our favorites and make sure to let us know if there are any ideas we left out.
1. Red and Bright Pink: Although you'd think that hues so close on the color wheel would not be a good match, these colors look amazing together. And we especially love it with a pop of lime, too.
2. Turquoise and Tangerine: These colors are directly complimentary -- no wonder they work perfectly in a space.
3. Violet and Marigold: This works because the bright sunny wall color is toned down and grounded by the plum.
4. Cobalt Blue and Fuchsia: Although we're used to seeing bright blue with red, the addition of hot pink makes this vignette totally dynamic.
5. Lime Green and Lemon Yellow: These citrus-inspired colors look awesome together and give off a retro vibe.
Need more color inspiration? Click through our slideshow of hues that are calming and de-stressing.
Do you have a home story idea or tip? Email us at email@example.com. (PR pitches sent to this address will be ignored.)