Here at HuffPost Women, we sit in a section of the newsroom affectionately dubbed "the lady corner," surrounded by the also all-female editorial teams of HuffPost Parents and HuffPost Teen. Despite the lore of queen bees and bitchy female bosses, our experiences here have been quite the opposite. While we certainly enjoy the company of our male colleagues, there are a lot of special things about working closely with a group of women.
Here are eight of the best parts:
1. The camaraderie. Who knows how much of this is just our personalities versus the fact that we're all female, but we are a closely knit team and have a lot of fun together.
2. The conversations. We feel at liberty to discuss everything from disordered eating and whether Hillary Clinton will run to Ryan Gosling's latest heroics and "The Bachelorette."
3. The openness. Everyone is free to be their occasionally quirky selves. Lena Dunham and chipwich obsessions welcome.
4. The whole team understands just why a moment like this is newsworthy.
5. We are surrounded by awesome female role models at all times. Women still face very specific barriers in the workplace, so it's amazing to have female mentors to guide you through every stage of your career.
6. And having these mentors can stop you from making any grievous errors.
7. Someone always has chocolate.
8. And there are never moments like this:
Girl power, y'all.